The Current Time in Stavanger, Norway!

October 3, 2010

Special Painting

One day while looking at a bunch of different local Angolan artists' paintings I half jokingly said to one of the painters, named Antonio, "All of these paintings either have lots of people in them, or only one or two people. I have three boys, I need a painting with three people!"

A painting we have hanging in our kitchen
...with lots of people in it!
He said, "I don't usually put three people in my paintings (I'm not sure why), put I can make one for you." Then he said, "Do you want black boys or white boys in your painting?" This caught me off guard so I said to him, "Uh, we're in Africa...I'll take black boys!"
He just finished it last week and I am so exctied...I love it! So here it is!...


"Zach, Colby and Nolan Playing Around the Imbondeiro Tree" by Antonio

Me and Antonio the day he showed me the finished painting


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

San! I LOVE that painting! How awesome!
-Aimee

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy,
I hope things are going well for you, Will and the boys. It's already cold here in Illinois and we are not looking forward to the cold weather. I don't mind it but you know how much Roger hates it. Just wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving....I'm thankful for our friendship eventhough we are a world apart. Love, Amanda

Unknown said...

HI!
My brother, Jim Schulte, gave me your blog, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband and I will be going to South Africa (he has business in Hammarsdale, South Africa), and I will be joining him the following week. We are looking to stay somewhere on the north coast beach, and then hit a safari. What ideas do you have for us....since you are an expert?

And your boys are adorable! What a fabulous experience they are having! We have two sons, 16 & 22, one at Mizzou and one in high school! They would have loved the experience your kids are getting!

Brian and Carol Kottwitz
CAROLKOTT@aol.com

Diana said...

This is priceless!! You have the best ideas :-D Diana

Diana said...

This is priceless!! You have the best ideas :-D